Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My new swimming suit!




...ok so the story:

I had told Josh that I wanted a new swim suit this summer, cause my butt is too big for the "new one" he got me last year. I could have gotten new bottoms, but it would have been just as expensive to buy new ones as it would a cheaper new suit. I had seen a few at like Ross and TJ Max that I new I could get under $30. I didn't have money, so I figured that if I sold anything at a garage sale that we had at Mandi's house last weekend, then I could buy a new one.
Long story short, I sold my punching bag and gloves for $60, but I felt guilty for wanting to spend it on a non nessesary swim suit. So I told Josh (very sadly) that I could live with a last years.

A few days later, Josh tells me: "I bought you something, that should be here any day." So, not having the money so spend on random things, I kinda got after him since it wasn't my birthday, mother's day, or Valentine's day, he shouldn't be buying me anything."
then a couple days ago he says "I hope it's here before (our vacation) Park City!
So automaticly I think, "Oh, he bought me a new swimming suit!" For two days, I got my hopes up, even telling my sisters how thoughtful Josh was.

It came yesterday. I waited until Josh woke up to open it. As I ripped the package open, I see that he had bought himself TWO Metallica t-shirts (one being form the concert we went to last november) and this one for me.

I felt bad because I cried. I really had my hopes up. I guess it's my own fault for wishful thinking!!! :)

8 comments:

The Green Family said...

ok, seriously, when you said you got to open your "swimsuit" and that you cried - I was jealous of what a super sweet hubby you have - to be thoughtful enough to take the time to order you something you have been dying to have. I think you should wear it swimming anyway! You look super hot... I guess that is why he was so "thoughtful"

Heather Rose said...

i don't get it?? swimming in jeans would be very uncomfortable :)
and a leather shirt? josh picked it out i don't get it?? I mean i understand being modest but thats taking it to the extreme jk:)

Josh & Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Rose said...

oh i see

Bryant and Crystal said...

yesterday when I read this I thought the shirt was just your swimsuit top and that you were just being modest by wearing jeans in the picture. The whole story surprised me. It made me laugh. I really thought you were going to open up a new swimsuit. I can see why you cried! Hope you get a new one soon. Nice shirt though.

mom of a super-hero said...

ooohhhhh!!! sorry jess. but the t-shirt is super cute. you SHOULD wear it swimming!

Spencer and Erin said...

haha.. boys can be so disasterious at times huh?? but the shirt is super cute!! promise!! pretty sure you just need to go online and order your bathing suit...and then just say oops when it arrives...?

Jannae said...

thats so sad! at least he bought you something. i dont think aaron has picked something out for me since we dated - he says i buy stuff all the time anyway...boo on our husbands