Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Close Call

So since it's warmed up, my friend Heidi and I have been walking a couple nights a week. However, it's mainly just to get out and have girl time, so it's not really "excercise" cause we don't walk that fast...

anyway, the other night when we were walking, we went further than we usually go. We turned around and started walking back home. In mid-sentance Heidi says "There is a SKUNK!!" of coarse, I start booking it before I had even seen it, but she had to stop and check it out, she tryied to get me to come back and check it out with her, but I wasn't going to chance getting stunked by a skunk, so I told her I was fine where I was, then it took off leeping through the field, and there I saw it! IT was HUGE! Probably at least 18" wide and 2 1/2 feet long!!!
And Believe me... It was scary.

That was the first non-road kill scunk I have ever seen in real life besides the baby skunk that we saw in the zoo in South Dakoda.

I am very greatfull I didn't have to get any closer.

Wheew!

No comments: