Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Converting

Yeah, I may be taking this a little fast, but i decided after two nights of sleeplessness, I figured I would convert Bridget's bed into a toddler bed (since I haven't been sleeping anyways).
She was really excited about standing on the wire bed while I was adjusting it. When I got it all put back together, she didn't think that it was very fun that she could get up there on her own until I put her bunny and some books up there for her to read a story.



I was afraid that nap time would be a pain, but since I had just picked up everything so she wouldn't have much to play with, I put her in her bed and told her "night, night" and shut the door. She was about two steps behind me with crocodile tears streaming down her face. I didn't know what she would do, so I laid on the floor watching her footsteps at the door, then to her magnetic board, then over to the window, back to the door, and finally after about 15 minutes and whispering a ghostly "go to sleeeeep", she made her way over to her bed. She laid there for about 5 minutes, then "BUBBLE!" two minutes later I opened the door and she was asleep!



I hope every time will be this easy. (knock on wood)

5 comments:

mom of a super-hero said...

cute jess! nick says he thinks lucy may be ready for the big girl bed... we will see... good luck with bridget! :)

Bryant and Crystal said...

cute bed time story! Since you'll be baking everyday you just might find yourself with to many baked goods. Don't worry you can send them to me. I wont mind. Also I hope your butt is okay!

The Green Family said...

I am glad to hear it all worked out.

Joann said...

Hey Jess, wow your lucky, hopefully she keeps this up. When we put Dylan is his toddler bed all he wanted to do is sleep with us!

Heather Rose said...

cute story! what a big girl!!