Sunday, June 2, 2013

Weekend Project

We always have a project of some sort at our house.  This weekend was re-painting the Apache (trailer... has nothing to do with Indians)


 
BEFORE (Last year before our CA trip)
 
 

 We first had to strip the old cracked and shrunken forest green decals off the trailer.  (Josh tried all morning to razor it off, or sand it off, while I was getting my hair done.  I think he just wanted me to do it, cause I told him to use paint thinner... he busted out some nasty air plane stripper stuff.  NOT the safest to use, but it worked magic!  The decals bubbled up and wiped right off!

 Then we had to sand it.... (after removing all hardware of coarse)
Then masked and taped (and wiped the residue off)
 This little rugrat had to sneak in the picture cause she's so happy to ride a "BIG" little girl bike with training wheels instead of her tricycle.
 Then Josh sprayed the primer... only because we hoped to cover some little scratches.

 I know,  the color might not be the color most people would choose, but it's called "Coastal Blue"  The sample made me think "beachy", fun, and summery.  Josh was hesitant...
 But I think it's growing on him. Still needing to add the "custom" Apache stripe down the sides and I think we both have agreed on cream, after I hauled about 7 different colors of vinyl from the basement. 

Josh calls it "Papa Smurf".  I don't know about that, but I love it! and can't wait to see it complete! (buffed, possible clear coat, and the decals, and clean up)

Who wants to go campin'!??!


Next weekend....
We are back to this project, I suggested this get done THIS year instead of going to Scotland for our 10 year.  We shall see!

1 comment: