Thursday, September 15, 2011

Observing.

The girls in our sweet "vintage" trailer.
In the last few weeks I have been feeling like I have been "MOM the Meanie!"  I feel like all I have been doing is getting after Bridget for what she is NOT doing.  I need to remember that there is a lot that she IS doing, and I need to recognize these little things.
I have been feeling like I'm not the best mom lately and wonder what my neighbors think when I am chasing my kids down the street, or searching for them while I'm thinking they are MIA,when they are really in the neighbors house watching a movie!  I wonder what they think when I am taking the garbage out or little yard work with frazzled hair, or smudged make up, as THEY walk/drive past with their perfect hair/nail/clothes.  I wonder what they think when they hear me yell "stop talking" or "go to your room" in frustration of having this NOISE just following in my shadow ALL DaY Longgg!
It wares me down.

I have been observing other parents thinking that I am way too hard on the girls, and get frustrated with them way too easily.  I see the parent who see's  what their child is doing, but doesn't act in any form of discipline for the act of kicking my child in the face while trying to climb up public play equipment.  I see the parent who explodes when their child asks (nicely) for an overpriced toy.  I see the parent who disciplines their child with hot sauce (which I don't know if it should really be against the law, but never tried it on my own kids) for telling a LIE to his mom.  I see the parent that slaps their kid in the store for hiding in a clothes rack.

Being a parent it though.  MOST THE TIME. And there are days that you wish you could take a time out for yourself. But I see that as a child is growing, adults have HUGE impression on their children.

I ask myself; What impression am I making on MY children?

1 comment:

Bryant and Crystal said...

They don't think your crazy. That's just real life. You're doing great! Just stay away from the hot sauce. :)