Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My First Surgery

July 26th I went to Insta-care with pain in my abdomen that radiated through to my back. The Dr. there sent me to the E.R. where they could do blood work and have it back much faster. When we got to the E.R. and I sat there waiting after they had checked me in, the pain seemed not to be so bad. So when they took me back, put an I.V. in my arm and took some blood,I told them that I was feeling better, but they went ahead with the tests. After watching the Barbie movie twice with Bridget, they told me that my liver was bothered (not their words), and took me back for an ultrasound. While there, they found a whole bunch of Gallstones in my Gallbladder. I made an appointment with the surgeon for Wednesday. He told me that it was ideal to have my gallbladder removed. So Monday I went in, and came back out to recovery 45 minutes later.




(don't mind my stretch marks!!!)

They (E.R. Dr. and the Surgeon) told me that this happens quite often with pregnant women because of the hormone changes. So I guess I should feel lucky that I didn't have to deal with pain DURING my pregnancy!





5 comments:

The Green Family said...

i can't believe josh took a pic of you in recovery!! nice war wounds too!!

Joann said...

Ouch that looks painful! Two of my friends have had to have the same surgury after having babies. Glad your okay.

RSHORSES said...

Ouch I'm so sorry to hear. I hope you are feeling better. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Bryant and Crystal said...

Poor Jessica! Glad your doing okay now. How was that Barbie movie? I don't get to watch those. You're so lucky. :)

Lacy, Cody, & the girls said...

Ouch!! Check out those battle wounds! Gosh I bet you'll feel so much better once you've recovered! I hear thats a common thing too after you've had a babe. Hope you are on the mend now! Congrats again on your new lil one! You sure have some beautiful girls!
Thanx for your sweet comments & to answer your question...No, I didn't take the pics of the twins on the black chairs but I do take my own pics (or try to) most the time. I just had the same girl who did the twins' newborn pics do their one year pics too. She does a great job!
Anyways, take care & keep in touch!
<3