Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hop Aboard the Potty-Train!


In our opinion, Bridget is well over due for the ride. Josh started telling her yesterday that if she went "stinky" (since poop to her is both 1 and 2) then he would take her to McD's. She was very excited about that idea. However, she hasn't been to excited about the "stinking" since she is used to hiding whenever that happens. After telling Dad last night that she had done it, and Josh coming to me to confirm, I felt so bad when I said no then Josh told her "maybe next time" and she sighs back, "yeah, nes time."
Today, I was determined. I sat her in there in the morning, and yes, she threw a fit, but she got excited when she peed. I reminded her that was awesome, but not what we were trying for. Two more fights to the "train" and finally, I left the room reminding her she needed to make "turds" (yes, gross, I know!) I stand down the hall watching in a mirror. She is very distracted by the rug, the t.p. blowing in the breeze of the heat vent, the cupboards, anything and everything. Then just like that she freezes... looks down in her potty, giggles, and says "TURDS!"

Congratulations Bridget.... Keep it up!

3 comments:

The Green Family said...

what no picture of the turd? Kate Gosslin too pics of each of her kids first poops... I guess you'r not that kind of mom, he he.

Joann said...

Potty training is hard, but once they catch on it is so nice not to have to worry about diapers. She sounds like she's on the right track which is good.

Bryant and Crystal said...

yeah where is the picture? Ha Ha funny story. great job guys!