Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sod

I had made the comment to one of our friends that I would like some sod (grass) for the back yard for my Birthday. So, that's what she decided that she wanted to do, so I made her call and ask about it. She wanted to do it last weekend.
Well let me tell you first. Josh had thrown out grass seed last spring, but morning glory and all sorts of weeds filled in, and we just kept mowing it down.
So in preparation for this new grass, there's a LOT of work to be done, and I took the day off today, because two days of raking and raking, and bad body mechanics, I found that it really hurts your back and wrists! ...unless I'm just old.
Heidi (friend) wanted to lay it Friday, um... today is Thursday, and I don't think it's going to happen this weekend either.... unless we just do one pallet at a time.
I have about a 4th of the space ready. (almost)

This is the small patch of leftovers that our neighbor gave us when he did his back yard last fall.

I could use some free labor! :)

2 comments:

Bryant and Crystal said...

I wish we could help. That is such a big job and a crazy workout. But when you're done it is so worth it!

mom of a super-hero said...

who would have thought putting grass in was such hard work? i heard you got it all done yesturday, CONGRATS! now you need to go visit steffan!... maybe after you take in a movie by yourself...