Monday, September 29, 2008

Teddy Bear Run 2008



Every year, Logan has a motorcycle donation run for Child Abuse. Every Bike rides with a teddy bear strapped to their bike for the 60 mile ride. This year we got to participate. This was our third charity ride this summer, and definitely the biggest!


There were two rest stops during the ride. (Thank Goodness!) When we came back through Logan we were able to ride down Main Street, where in previous years had been problems so they had to ride other roads. I think there were at least 500 bikes, but I'm not sure.

It turned out to be a pretty warm day. Sardine Canyon was pretty to go through with the leaves changing. But the best part was the smell of skunk! Ahhh... the joys of the wind in your face!

The ride ended at the Fair Grounds where they gave "raffle" prizes. And we gave our Bears.
(this time we won a Leatherman type thing and a car wash)


(us placing out bear with the rest. ... don't mind my helmet hair!)

The Teddy Bear Run this year raised just over $11,000.

2 comments:

Bryant and Crystal said...

I heard you were going to do this! How fun! Thanks for posting that picture of my parents. I've been curious about all this leather I've been hearing about. Finally I got to see it. Be good you crazy biker dudes! :-)

Jannae said...

Happy Anniversary...round 2. Bridget is adorable - I love the family pic