Monday, March 21, 2011

Grandpa Smith


We lost Grandpa (Great grandpa) Smith last week.  It was a tough week to get through.  Grandpa was in the Navy during the war.  The Military honored him with a very good service. It was interesting to watch. 



 




 I have decided that even though we have had to deal with so much death within this last year, it never gets easier.   It's especially hard to explain it to a 3 year old.  As I was laying in Bridget's bed with her last night we were talking about all our family that has left this earth life and is living with Jesus now.  After each person, she would say, and who else?  I thought about all the people that I didn't get the chance to meet in this life, and how one day we will get that opportunity again.
I hope that everyone else still on this earth is healthy and remains safe... cause I don't know if I can get through another death anytime soon.

3 comments:

Bryant and Crystal said...

No more of it! I'm with you on that. This was a great tribute to Grandpa Smith. Thanks Jessica.

Paul and Kyla said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I miss being about to talk to you. It has been way too long.

RSHORSES said...

I can agree with you 100% NO MORE OF IT. Thank you for sharing the pictures. I remember when i first met him it was at Maddox when Bob brought the family to meet me. I was lucky enough to meet him and his wife. I'm so sorry for your loss love you guys.