Saturday, June 26, 2010

I woke up this morning to Bridget so excited about this butterfly her and Josh found out in our yard. I was amazed that she held it all the way through the house and it didn't fly away. Little things like this have made me think about the little things in life that we tend to forget about, or not care to take a moment to really enjoy. As I walk around my neighborhood nine months prego, pushing Bridget in the jogger, and in the heat of the day, I thought about how blessed I am to be able to walk (uncomfortably...), how the joys of a little girl getting to ride in her "princess carriage" can be so exciting. How when you think that what you have could be better, and realize what you have, IS better than what others have. Or taking a moment to enjoy the peaceful neighborhood as everyone else seem to be on vacation, due to the emptiness of the yards, streets, and sidewalks.


I am so grateful for a happy, healthy family. For our trials that we go through to help us become stronger and closer to each other. For the blessings of being able to have a family. (even though it might seem like too much work sometimes) For a talented and hard working husband. For this house that we call home. For the ability to do the things that we desire in life! For the love of others.



Remember to take a moment for the little things!





3 comments:

Paul and Kyla said...

What a great post. Thanks, I needed a little reminder to not take things for granted.

RSHORSES said...

I love your post. That is so true we should really enjoy what we have.

Cheris said...

Good reminders. I'm always so grateful when friends have the courage to post messages like this. I often find them on my bad days and I'm greatful for the reminder to smile because it really could be worse.

Thank you for the lift!!! I hope you're doing good!!!