Monday, May 24, 2010

Living in Make Believe


I have a real princess living with me. Well, a princess who doesn't care if she's got dirt in her shoes, or under her fingernails, or who has bad hair days by choice almost every other day.

Last week as I was pulling weeds out in the yard, Bridget was helping me. When she decided that pulling weeds was boring, she started building castles with the rocks. After about 10 minutes or so of entertaining herself, she came up to me and told me that I needed to go talk to the Prince who was dancing on the water meter in the lawn for her. I asked her why she (the princess) didn't go talk to him and she told me that she needed me to cause she was too shy! I then proceeded to tell her that the Prince wasn't looking for the "queen", he was waiting for the Princess to come, and that she needed to go talk and dance with him. She looked over towards the water meter and immediately got an embarrassed look on her face. Then slowly moved over to "talk" to him.

Our bedtime stories, and songs have turned into Princess Fairy Tales by mom. "Mom, how 'bout 'nother one!" Or "How about Princess Boog-a-bear" (her)

Some days I wish I was little again and only have to worry about the "prince" wanting to talk to me, or have much less stressful things to have to worry over.

I love having a girl! What if this little babe coming IS a boy? What will I do???

5 comments:

Unknown said...

the "boy" will grow up and protect the princess. - Mandi

RSHORSES said...

I miss being little as well. Nothing to worry about. I do have to agree the boy will grow up and protect the princess.

summerdreams said...

jessica love this post, i think we all feel this way sometimes, i know i do. but you will do fine with a little boy you will learn to love all things little boys love too! and when he grows up you we love the talks of life you will have with him and the hugs ect. I love all my kids they are so different and the same sometimes, i can't imagine my life without one of them in it. and you are very good Mom!!!

Coombs Family said...

Boys are totally different. I wouldn't worry though. Charly is total DRAMA and Payson is not. So there's on good thing.

Joann said...

I personally thought I would have all girls. I have 4 sisters and all of them have at least one girl, and then theres me with 2 boys?? Luckily, boys are easy and so much fun. Instead of princess you'll just have to play super hero's.