Sunday, December 14, 2008

Festival of Lights

I remember as a child going to see the "Preston Lights" with my family. It was one house particularly that we would go and see. I had told Josh that I wanted to go a few years ago, but finally this year we got around to it. There was an article in the paper talking about how this is going to be the last year this family does the lights because how outrageous the electric bills have been the last few years.
Friday night after a couple stops for dinner, Arby's for Jess and Bridge, and Carl's Jr. for Josh, we headed to Preston.
after about 20 minutes of stop and go traffic for a fallen telephone line, and the half hour drive to Preston, we came upon the Hollingsworth Family lights.



They had a lot of Disney wood cut outs which was fun for us to point out to Bridget. (sorry I didn't get any better pictures, I didn't know I had a "night setting")
However...I did remember it being a LOT cooler as a child. But it was still something fun to take Bridget to.

After the Hollingworth's, we stopped at a park that Preston had local businesses help decorate. I was mostly impressed by the entrance!



And finally on the way home, we stopped to try and win a few bucks!



No such luck!

6 comments:

Bryant and Crystal said...

how preety! You guys are funny with the lottery tickets. Did you stop at that little gas station where they filmed Peluca? (Napoleon Dynamite?) I'm jelous! I bought Bridgets present last night. It was so fun. I'm excited to give it to her. I got to go to the girl aisle for once and buy something. Yeah! We have your name this year. (I'm pretty sure.)

Josh & Jessica said...

Crystal... yeah it is fun! YOu should have one! I hear you are driving up? Be careful! we are excited to see you guys again!

Josh and Kaleena said...

I didn't know they did that in Preston! Thanks, now I know what I'm dragging Josh to next!

Heather Rose said...

Those lights are awesome we will have to go and check them out! We decided to go up to pick up a few loto tickes also we are headed up there after Lizzy gets her flu shot wish us luck!

Chris and Lindsey said...

Lindsey and I went the day after Thanksgiving and were suprized that there is actually a parade to start things off??? To bad they're not going to be able to do it anymore. I remember how cool it was as kid and wish my kids could see it as well.

Chris and Lindsey said...

Love your main picture. Can Josh tell us how pose for pics he's definately better at that than I am!