Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tis the Season...

Usually it's the day after Thanksgiving when you start hearing Christmas songs being played in stores, but this year it was the day after Halloween! Josh and I thought that was pretty pathetic, until we started our shopping! Maybe there is something about the Christmas music in the stores, maybe not, but I feel this year Christmas will be one of those years where you don't care what you got, you just want to make sure your loved ones are happy.
...you know, one of the best Christmas's ever!
This year we are on top of the ball. (luckily) We have 95% of our Christmas shopping done, and yesterday Josh got the lights hung on the house,



and yes... I put up our tree!



Usually we put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving, but just as soon as Josh mentioned "you want to put the tree up don't you?" I had the box out! Also, it is my year to decorate the tree. Last year Josh did blue, so I wanted pink. it turned out that it's not so feminine. I added green and blue too. I mostly wanted it to match our wrapping paper. (I know, who cares... but I do!)

I'm hoping that this year, Christmas does not just come and go like it has the last few years. I hope that we just enjoy each others company, and hope that everyone has love in their hearts this year to pass on to everyone.

I just am waiting on the FEETS of snow to fall!

3 comments:

Bryant and Crystal said...

Loved this post! That's what it's all about! The day after Halloween seeing a Christmas tree and the hearing the Christmas music at Wal Fart I mean Mart felt ridiculous. We were still feeling spooky from the night before! Now is a good time to start though. Have fun! You did a good job on that Boo costume!

mom of a super-hero said...

"feets of snow"? hahah, i hope it doesn't snow 'till christmas eve. i'm not ready for the "feets" yet.

The Green Family said...

You have been TAGGED! just follow the instructions on my blog. Have Fun!